Ami has worked in the environmental field for over 14 years. She is the Founder and Executive Director of Do It Green! Minnesota. She has also served many other environmental roles in the community including work with the MPCA, SWMCB, Minnesota Waste Wise, Living Green Expo, and with many other community and environmental organizations in Minnesota. She makes it a daily priority with her family to get outdoors and reconnect with the beautiful living world out there – hiking, bug catching, trail running, biking, cross country skiing, and exploring! She is proud to be with Do It Green! Minnesota to witness how it’s grown and kept going all these years (almost two decades!). She appreciates the many amazing individuals that have been a part of our work towards making Minnesota more sustainable.
- Favorite Blog: grist.org
- Favorite Green Business: Moss Envy
- Favorite Low Carbon Recipe: Kale salad with kale from my garden
- Favorite Outdoor Activity: skiing, biking, trail running, hiking, canoeing, camping
- Favorite Restaurant: Ecopolitan
- Green Living Tip: Serve as a model to encourage and motivate others to live lighter on the planet
- Most Recent Green Change You Made: My son and I are committed to riding a bike or taking the bus to his preschool this summer.
- Favorite Book: Do It Green! Magazine editions 2001-2012
- Favorite Green Event: Wishes for the Sky
- Why you love Do It Green! Minnesota: We are all volunteer-powered and try to teach Minnesota how to live more sustainably while making it easy and fun.