Do It Green! Minnesota is an all volunteer, non-profit organization with a mission to educate and motivate Minnesotans to live green, sustainably, and build healthy communities. We achieve this through publishing a comprehensive Website, hosting hands-on workshops, our annual Green Gifts Fair, and offering the Do It Green! Kiosk inside the Midtown Global Market.
Our internships generally require a one year commitment, are unpaid positions unless noted, and are available on a flexible schedule. These are professional positions that require a genuine interest in sustainable living. Internships provide a complete hands-on experience.
Do It Green! Minnesota Team Positions Currently Available:
- Do It Green! Kiosk and Seed Library – Ongoing help is needed to maintain the Do It Green! Kiosk inside the Midtown Global Market. Volunteer will order supplies, create displays, and restock and clean the kiosk weekly.
- Community Outreach Events – Create interactive activities for our outreach tabling efforts, and research and create a database of community outreach opportunities. Help educate Minnesotans about green living by hosting an educational table at various community events throughout the summer.
Please complete the Volunteer form.
Green Gifts Fair Volunteers
Do It Green! Minnesota will host our 12th Annual Green Gifts Fair on Saturday, November 18th at the Midtown Global Market. This event hosts 5,000+ attendees, 15 educational and activity tables and 80 local, green vendors and artists. Apply now to become part of our planning team this year!
- Promotions/Outreach Coordinator is an unpaid volunteer position requiring 10-15 hours/week August-November, 2017 that offers experience with planning and promoting a large event. Tasks include creating and managing a 30-day promotional countdown on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, placing online ads, distributing press releases to local news organizations and assisting with neighborhood flyering.
- Low Waste Coordinator is an unpaid volunteer position requiring 10-15 hours/week October-November, 2017 that offers experience with planning and implementing a large, low waste event. Tasks include planning and coordinating low waste stations, picking up supplies, and training and managing volunteers.
- Assistant Demo Coordinator is an unpaid volunteer internship that offers experience planning and implementing a large event. Tasks include planning, organizing and managing 10-15 demonstration booths at our November 18th Green Gifts Fair, picking up donations and supplies, and managing day of volunteers. Requires approximately 5-10 hours/week July-September and 10-15 hours/week September-November.
- Kid’s Activity Coordinator is an unpaid volunteer position requiring 5-10 hours/week September-November, 2017 that offers experience planning and implementing a large event. Tasks include planning, organizing and managing kid’s activities, picking up donations and supplies, and managing day of volunteers.
The Green Gifts Fair team meets monthly. These volunteer positions require individuals who are well organized, able to meet deadlines, possesses excellent communication skills, and are self-directed. Position includes hours stated above, as well as event set up on Friday, November 17th (12pm – 7pm) and assisting with the actual event on Saturday November 18th (7am-7pm).
Please email your resume and a cover letter to Kristine Kvamme, Green Gifts Fair Coordinator at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis until filled.