At a very young age, Carla knew she loved the outdoors and wanted to make a career of protecting the natural world. Carla went on to study environmental science at the University of Minnesota and urban and rural geography and forestry at the University of Wales, Bangor. She worked for Cargill and Target in Environmental Services, Accenture in Change Management and now works as the Sustainability Coordinator for the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. She participates on her local neighborhood environmental committee and volunteers whenever possible on neighborhood initiatives. She is a passionate fan of all things Minnesotan and can usually be found paddling the lakes and streams in her kayak or biking around the state enjoying all it has to offer.
- Position: Board Member
- Favorite Outdoor Activity: Kayaking, biking, fishing, hiking and enjoying all that the beautiful state of Minnesota has to offer, especially the Boundary Waters Canoe Area!
- Favorite Book: The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
- Most Recent Green Change You Made: Adding compost at home, using reusable dishes at work and having my own dish towel and hand towel to dry my dishes and my hands instead of using paper towels from the kitchen and bathroom
- Green Living Tip: Don’t be intimidated by the idea of living green. If you make a small effort every day to learn a bit more or try to make a more environmentally friendly choice, you can make a very significant cumulative impact.
- Why you love Do It Green! Minnesota: I love that it provides a “one-stop shop” for anyone interested in “greening” their lifestyle and finding green businesses to support. It makes “doing it green” easy!, I love that it provides a “one-stop shop” for anyone interested in “greening” their lifestyle and finding green businesses to support. It makes “doing it green” easy!