Kristine is a graduate of Beloit College and has worked at a variety of non-profits in Massachusetts and Wisconsin. She is passionate about community issues and sustainability, and is especially interested in recycling, composting and eating locally. Kristine recently joined the Master Water Stewards program through the Minnehaha Creek Watershed District and hopes to fill her neighborhood with raingardens. She enjoys reading, writing, cooking from a CSA share and growing vegetables from seed.
- Favorite Green Business: Peace Coffee
- Favorite Low Carbon Recipe: Winter Parsnip Pancakes/Waffles: Just steam a few parsnips, chop them up and add them to your pancake or waffle mix.
- Favorite Outdoor Activity: Swimming at Lake Harriet
- Favorite Restaurant: Tiny Diner
- Green Living Tip: Plug all your electronics (TV, stereo, DVD player) into one power strip and turn the power strip off when you're not using those electronics.
- Most Recent Green Change You Made: Switching from a gas mower to a push mower.
- Favorite Book: The Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Favorite Environmental Non-Profit Organization: Metro Blooms
- Why you love Do It Green! Minnesota: I love the opportunity to talk directly with people about what they can do in their every day lives to have a positive impact on their community and on the planet.