Do you need a way to help you organize all of your plastic bags so you can re-use them for shopping, diaper bags or doggie poop bags? Why not make a plastic bag holder. It’s simple to make and handy to have.
You will need:
- Material/fabric (or you can patch pieces of material, old shirts, or whatever, together)
- One piece 18″ x 26-3/4″. You can use a sewing machine or sew by hand.
- Material, one piece 5″ x 12-1/2″ for handle.
- One button
- One piece 3/4″ elastic x 10″ long.
- With long sides (right sides together), stitch with 1/2″ seam (back stitch at each end).
- Turn tube right side out. Fold one end under 1/2″ and press, then fold down another 1 and press. Stitch close to edge of fold, leaving about an inch of opening (this will be the bottom of the bag).
- Attach safety pin to one end of the elastic and pull through the 1″ opening, making sure to leave both ends of the elastic hanging out of the opening.
- Overlap about 1″ and sew ends of the elastic together.
- Stitch the 1″ opening closed.
- Fold under 1/2″ at top of bag and press, then fold down another 1″ and press. Stitch close to edge all around.
- Fold long sides (right sides together) and stitch with 3/4″ seam (back stitch at each end).
- Turn inside out, making sure seam allowances are spread open, to make for a double layer.
- Press so the seam runs down the middle of the back.
- Fold inside 1/2″ on both ends, press, then stitch closed.
- Sew button hole on one end of handle.
- Place other end of handle on the inside back seam of top of bag, and sew to attach it.
- Sew button to top of bag. Congratulations, project is now complete, and ready for use.
See Also: Arts: Art Projects: Rubber Stamps Arts: Art Projects: Keychain