Wardrobe in need of an update? Participate in the City of St. Louis Park’s annual clothing swap! The event is FREE and open to all ages and genders! You do not need to be from St. Louis Park to participate.
How the swap works
• You fill a bag (or ten!) with your unwanted items and bring them to the swap. Items may not be dropped off early.
o All styles, sizes and types of clothing, shoes, coats, jewelry, accessories, etc. are welcome. Leave blankets, linens and pillows at home.
o Make sure items are clean.
• We weigh all your items when you arrive.
• You set out the items you brought on tables marked with specific categories.
• You look through items others have brought and take home whatever you like (no limit!).
o We will provide a mirror in the gym. You are also welcome to try items on in the bathrooms.
• We sort items at the end of the swap and recycle items that are torn or excessively stained.
o If you have a large quantity of clothing that is worn/torn and is no longer wearable, please take it directly to Hennepin Environment (https://bit.ly/2D0hxVI), utilize the city’s curbside clothing pickup program (Simple Recycling) or drop it in a USAgain container.
Everything left at the end of the swap will be weighed to calculate pounds swapped, donated and recycled. This helps us track the impact of the event! Leftover items will be donated to STEP--St. Louis Park Emergency Program and Old School thrift shop.
We ask that everyone who brings clothing do so with the intent to participate in the swap. If you have items you would just like to donate, take them directly to a thrift shop.
If you have questions, email email@example.com or call Emily Barker at 952.924.2187.
For more information, visit: City of St. Louis Clothing Swap