Plan to join environmental non-profit Energy Vision for a FREE one-day workshop hosted by CenterPoint Energy — in collaboration with academic, industry, government and NGO partners — on the production and use of Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) made from Minnesota's organic wastes, with a particular focus on agricultural, municipal and food processing materials that have long been discarded at high economic and environmental cost.
Nationwide, interest in RNG is ramping up as an important waste management strategy and an energy and fuel resource. To date, only a handful of projects are up and running or under development in MN, but the potential for RNG is significant and represents a strategy that can help the state meet its ambitious economic development, environmental, air quality and climate goals.
At this event you will learn about:
- Biogas/RNG case studies: farms, food processors and wastewater
- Economic opportunities for Minnesota and the upper Midwest
- Business models and policy pathways
- Low emissions uses and high-value end markets for RNG
- Closing the loop on emissions and organic waste
- Cleaning up the energy, transportation and industrial sectors with RNG
Doors open at 7:30. Event starts at 8:00.
For more information, visit: The Power of Organic Waste: Renewable Natural Gas for Minnesota