Office paper is highly recyclable, but reducing or preventing paper waste is even more cost effective than recycling. Some ideas for reducing office paper waste:
- Double-sided copying and printing.
- Reusing paper. Keep a collection box by the copy machine for bad copies so the second side can be reused.
- Make use of electronic communication.
- Use smaller cover sheets or eliminate the cover sheet all together.
- Reuse items from old packaging.
- Reuse materials in-house, through clients, customers and consumers.
- Consider buying the most environmentally-friendly paper (100% post-consumer recycled) to stock in your printers, copiers and fax machines.
Check out our full article Green Your Office for more great ideas.